1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Robot Coupe Dicing Blade

Discussion in 'Sharpening forum' started by John Fout, Jul 2, 2014.

1. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

Anyone ever done one with decent results? This is for a fancy schmancy R2 dicing attachment... It has some dings in it from golly gee knows what. They come out of the box sharp as the dickens and have heavy-ish grind marks. I don't want to take off too much metal.

2. Andre

Andre Founding Member

They send this little bs stone in the box with it that doesn't work worth a crap. I had no luck with anything, and just bought a new one. We got a lot of diced turnips out of it. It didn't ever do anything else well other than turnips to pickle.

3. John Fout

I won't say it dices anything well but when i don't need to worry about an amazing cut (pureed soups etc) that attachment is a lifesaver! I'll just use a coarse stone on it and see what it looks like after.

4. John Fout

Got the big dings out and put a good blade road on it with the Naniwa 400. Sucker is hard. Took forever...

5. Andre

Andre Founding Member

You have more patience than I..

6. John Fout

Sharpening it was penance for scorching some cheese sauce... a lot of cheese sauce :[

If I took more time I'd be curious if I could get it as sharp as it was OOTB. It will be more than adequate how it is but it is not as sharp as it came.

7. Andre

Andre Founding Member

About four years ago, despite doing it fine every day that rolled, I burned three bechemels in a row. I still haven't forgiven myself.

8. John Fout

Yeah, I was doing service at the time-despite a slow service and thought I kept stirring it enough... roux just did not like me that day.

The blade was working great when I left. Hopefully it stays good for a while.