1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Rehandle Coupons - The Last Time Ever!

Discussion in 'JapaneseKnifeSharpening / Dave Martell Knives' started by Dave Martell, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Dave Martell

Dave Martell Professional Craftsman Founding Member

Japanese Knife Rehandling Coupon (western style)

[​IMG]

*Note - Above knife converted to hidden tang.

We currently charge $175 per knife for our western rehandle service but for a limited time we're offering for sale coupons that allow for you to get a western rehandle for $125.

This coupon represents a great value in cost savings!

For examples of rehandle work I've performed please see my gallery, start from the back (for the most recent submissions) and work your way forward.

Terms & Conditions:

You will be buying rehandling coupons (credit) for future rehandling service with our company.

Coupons (Paypal receipt) must accompany knives when sent in for rehandling.

Coupons may not be used for shipping costs/shipping insurance.

Coupons can not be converted towards or used for the purchase of products or other services.Coupons are not eligible for cash trade, store credit, or for the purchase of store products.

Coupons are for rehandling service labor only. Handle materials such as wood (etc) are not included in the cost of rehandling a knife for the fee of $125. Handle materials are an additional cost not included and/or accounted for here within this offer.

Woods being used for rehandling purposes must come from a reputable source that must be pre-approved. We can supply wood selections if needed for an additional cost. Please see our Q & A for Wood Information

We can not guarantee a specific time frame for delivery of rehandle work. When your knife is sent in to claim your coupon your knife will be placed in line and worked on in the order to which we best see fit. Most often this means that we work on orders by date received (that's the date the knife is received in our shop), however, we may need to sometimes go out of order to suit the work flow process. We ask that in purchasing rehandling coupons you understand that you are receiving custom work that can take some time to complete and that you please give us plenty of time to do so. If you're in a rush to get a rehandle done immediately please do not purchase a coupon as we will not be able to meet your expectations.

Coupons are for standard fare (typical front bolstered full tang knives with no rear bolster) western style Japanese rehandles. If you have something beyond the "standard fare" noted here please ask questions BEFORE purchasing coupons.

We reserve the right to charge for extra work requested/required or to decline certain knives from inclusion in this service.

This will be the very last time this offer will be available! [​IMG]

If you want to get a western rehandle done by myself I'd strongly suggest taking this opportunity to save some money and ensure yourself a slot. Currently I have 5-6 months of rehandle work in the shop waiting with more on the way and a long wait list behind that. I may have to stop taking this work in altogether unless accompanied by a coupon.

To purchase:

Please shoot me a PM or email with number of coupons you wish to purchase along with your email address and I'll follow by sending you a Paypal invoice.

[​IMG]

2. Dave Martell

Just received this question...

Q: Would the coupon work for a Forgie (Forgecraft)?

A: Yes! But....I may have to convert it to a hidden tang because those Forgie tangs are gnarly. No extra charge for that.

3. Dave Martell

4. Dave Martell

OK folks, let's go ahead and wrap this up today.

Remember, this is the last time this offer will be made! [​IMG]

Thanks to everyone who has participated.

Dave