1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Produce

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by Rami, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Have you ever sliced and diced more produce that was needed? I was slicing carrots for a salad and thought I would try to get it as thin as possible. 1 kilo of wafer thin slices later I am wondering what to do with all the carrots :D.

2. chefcomesback

chefcomesback Founding Member

Slice some more stuff like
    Napa cabbage and so stir fry

3. daveb

daveb Founding Member

Add equal parts onion and celery and freeze the mire poix. And you get to cut some more...

4. Thanks Mert, good idea.

5. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

Slaw.

6. chefcomesback

thats a good one

7. Huw

Huw Founding Member

Buy a pet rabbit :D

8. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

I think this happens ith every new purchase as well as after sharpening sessions....

9. chefcomesback

At work we punch out potato cylinders to make our fondant potatoes , the rest of the potatoes are kept for banquets mashed potatoes . Any time we have a new knife those potatoes come in handy , maybe one day I will do a cutting video like Rick did

10. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

the first bag of onions... i just made onion soup... then a few days later with the second bag of onions i was sick of onion soup and still had way to much of it... amd had no idea what to do with the leftover onions

11. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

You can chop nd free onions. Thaw and use when Browning meat. There is some loss of quality but taco meat or meat for pasta sauce you shouldn't notice. Obviously they any last more than a couple of months but it can help for a couple packages.
    Waste not, want not...

12. I got friends over twice this week. took care of the excess :)

13. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

Carmelized onions keep well frozen. Left over veggies get juiced or fed to chickens