1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

WTS Price drop !!! Shigefusa Mukimono 180mm, Kiyoshi Kato 150mm petty and Oohira Tomae lv4

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by BathonUk, Feb 12, 2015.

1. BathonUk

BathonUk Founding Member

Hi.

I need to save some money for new toy so these are for sell.

Kiyoshi Kato 150mm petty.

Kiyoshi Kato is very well known blacksmith in Japan. He is mostly making Japanese swords. Few of his pieces are in Japan national museum. Pictures below shows actual picture of the knife. I will refinish this blade with Japanese natural stones as well as Uchigumori fingerstones after order is made. Handle is made of Ironwood and propably bog oak or blackwood. Coated with few layers of Tru-oil. Comes with hand made cedar wood saya. Saya is a bit loose, but I can make pin and drill a hole. This is great cutter. Great knife for a great price.

I DON'T HAVE ORIGINAL BOX.

Cost of the knife and saya is (250$ - old price) 235$ (new price)+ shipping from UK.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oohira Tomae lv4.

This is finishing stone for knives and tools. Very hard. Best used with nagura or Tomo nagura.
    Stone comes without Kanji on top.

Size: 205mm x 80mm x 25mm

Price for this one is ($215 - old price) 200$ new price + shipping from UK.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shigefusa Mukimono 180mm.

So I am selling this knife, because I am not using it. I bought it second hand. The shinogi line is not straight, but I believe that it was like this from very beginning. I can find original pictures of new knife and it will be the same. The ''ura'' (back of the knife) is in perfect condition. This knife have great amount of hamaguriba edge as you can see on the choil shot picure. The best thing about this is the fact that you can see plenty of ''clouds'' on the cladding as well as on the top flat face of the knife. It was extremily hard to take picture, but you must believe me. It's almost like ''kitaeji''. I think that after some time with uchigumori fingerstone this will be very visible. I used this knife once and sharpened once. I can send it with two small uchigumori fingerstones for polishing purpose.

I never had and don't have the bosx for this knife or saya, however I will send it properly packed.

The cost of this knife is (370$ - old price) new price 350$ + shipping from UK.

Clouds:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Clouds:

[​IMG]

Visible clouds:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]