1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Prashr's knives

Discussion in 'Knife & Gear Galleries' started by prashr, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Watanabe and Wakui?

2. That is correct. The Watanabe's a 240mm gyuto and the Wakui's a 165mm nakiri. They both cut like a dream and are so much fun to work with.

For some reason I'm having trouble getting the pics to show up in the post when I insert the URL. I've used the "link" and "insert" options when posting but neither of them seem to work. If someone would be kind enough to tell me the correct way to do it, I'd be extremely obliged.

3. cool pair, you should definitely try a Watanabe nakiri! I've got one I rehandled with a handle by the gentleman that replied before me and it's one of my all time favourite knives.

4. Thank you, valgard. I’m sure I’ll end up with more knives from Shinichi. He’s always been extremely helpful and prompt in his replies.

Knives-0055.jpg Knives-0053.jpg Knives-0025.jpg Knives-0041.jpg Knives-0022.jpg

5. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

6. Thank you, Jim. I’m looking for a petty or paring knife and then take it easy for a while. That’s the intent anyway. :)

7. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Haha good luck with going slow! So many tasty knives.
    Do you have one in mind yet?

8. No I don't. I think I'll end up browsing at either Tosho Knife Arts or Knife Toronto with my wife to pick a size that she's comfortable with. I'm not that picky - as long as she's happy!! :)