1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

pot holders and such

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by MotoMike, Feb 9, 2016.

1. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

I wonder if pot holders are something that you all use. I recall when exchanging posts with John he mentioned towels as an essential item in the kitchen. I used to have a largish thick terry cloth pot holder that I loved. caught it on fire once and I think Rhonda threw it out. have never found one that I liked as much. What says the collective?

2. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

Towels.

3. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

I don't think I own a pot holder.... Dozens of white towels for home and work yes, potholders no.

4. MattS

MattS Founding Member

I am with Jeffrey, no pot holders per say, but plenty of towels. Not that I have anything against them, just never thougt about it when there was a multitude of multi use towels.

5. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Thanks gents. towels covers lots of possibilities. can you share some specifics? thick? small? large? terry or other?

6. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

I use 16×28 cotton towels i order from a supplier. Not really thick but large enough to fold a few times for good insulation. Just keep on mind to have more than one on hand I've seen lots of ppl learn the hard way not to a pan out of the oven with a wet towel.

7. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

Heat proof oven gloves. Light weight, not bulky.

8. Bill T

Bill T Founding Member

Potholders and towels.
    I have to have both.

9. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Thanks guys

Mike do you mean the ones made of thick fabric or the silicone ones?

10. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Pot holders. Towels tend to get wet in my kitchen--YEOW! if you use them for hot pots. Several years ago my mom sewed up some pot holders out of denim with cotton batting as insulation. Best ones I've used.

11. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

I use the ones made of heat/fire resistant fabric blend of cotton and I think Kevlar . There a few different brands. I was given a pair years ago, I thought it was a prank til I used them. Considering how thin they are , they work remarkably well. I have a few pair of silicon mitts. Too bulky for my preference. Other than that, my kids' pot holders

12. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

Bar mop towels.

13. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Thanks everyone

14. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

15. Intrigued

Intrigued Founding Member

I like and use silicone pot holders. They can handle high temps and they clean up really easy when I slop something on them. :cool1

[​IMG] [​IMG]