1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Possible Thermapen group buy

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by WarrenB, May 27, 2014.

1. Ok maybe I should have said that with the refurbed ones at this price the colours are limited to:
    Red/Scarlet, Teal, Cream/Tan, Orange, Grey, Blue, Green.
    They do sometimes list others colours but not very often, although they are refurbed they come just as good as new with brand new official packaging and freshly calibrated.
    On the list so far:
    Jim, John Fout, MotoMike, PierreRodrigue, KCmande, Turbo, James, Tall Dark and Swarfy. And possibly Ronnie Aloha?

2. Warren, I'm in for a red or orange ;)

3. Hi guys and girls, bad news I am afraid. ETI UK who make the Thermapen have emailed me and said they will no longer ship them to me as they have seen the thread here and don't want them going to the USA as they are sold via Thermoworks Inc there, so the group buy is off:( Sorry for getting anyone's hopes up but it has been taken out of my hands now.

4. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Dang it

5. I said a little more than that when I saw the email:eek: I have asked for the thread to be deleted as well as the manufacturers are aware of it.
    Sorry everyone

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  6. that is annoying and not fair at all, what do they care who you send the pen to?

7. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Warren thanks for your good efforts! Let me ring up the USA group and see what we can come up with.

8. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

but im not in the USA lol

9. Jay

Jay No soup for you Founding Member

I would take one.

10. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

5 or more from Thermoworks USA drops the price to $85. Hopefully Jim can work his magic...:cool1

11. Jim

I am still on it but am surprised by the lack of interest on their part.

12. Christopher

Christopher Founding Member

Has anything happened with this lately? I'm going to buy one, but would gladly join in with you chaps and get a slight discount.

I'm interested in the backlit, but would probably get a regular one, if that was the only choice.

13. Jim