1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Pizza

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by scotchef38, Feb 21, 2014.

1. scotchef38

scotchef38 Founding Member

To help/solve/start an arguement.
    When making Pizza do you put cheese first and then toppings or toppings and then cheese?o_O

2. Taz575

Taz575 Founding Member

Both!!! Sauce, a little cheese, toppings, more cheese. Sometimes, like if it's a cheese steak pizza, I will put American cheese down on the dough instead of a red sauce, then the toppings, then smother the toppings with cheese. I tend to over do the toppings sometimes, I had 1.5" of topping on a pizza one time. Hamburg, sausage, pepperoni, olive, broccoli, BACON, onions, peppers and mushrooms, plus cheddar cheese over the sauce and then mozzarella over all of the toppings.

I can never have too much cheese :)

3. panda

panda Founding Member

sauce, cheese, then a LIGHT layer of toppings, want everything roasted crispy and not a steaming soggy mess.

4. erikz

erikz Founding Member

Mix some grated cheese with the sauce, put on toppics, herbs, finish with some cheese. Not too much, people tend to add heaps of cheese, you better just eat a cheese pizza if you only want to taste cheese.

5. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

6. Taz575

Taz575 Founding Member

The only wrong answer is too much toppings! Otherwise you will get the steamy soggy mess like I have done a few times...but my dad complemented the partially uncooked crust and said it was "tender"?!?!?!!? If I want to go stupid with the toppings, I use a precooked crust like Boboli so I don't have to worry about cooking the dough fully under 2" of toppings. I don't think there can ever be too much cheese....but then again I buy a 1# block of mozarrella every few days and rip off hunks to snack on....kinda like an adult size Polly-O String Cheese!

7. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

8. Argonaut

Argonaut People call me French sounding words Founding Member

Pizza is like sex, when it's done right, it's really good. When it's done wrong... it's still pretty damned good.

9. Christopher

Christopher Founding Member

If pizza is like sex, this is #1 on the list

10. kentos

kentos Founding Member

Sex can be done wrong?

11. Argonaut

Argonaut People call me French sounding words Founding Member

if you don't know, you're doing it wrong.

12. apathetic

apathetic Founding Member

Agreed... Napoletan pizza is the way to go! :thumb

13. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

I thought when making Pizza Cheese was every second ingredient, Dough, Cheese, Sauce, Cheese, Other stuff, Cheese, then when its all cooked, you can put a little cheese on the top for that little extra cheese flavour

14. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

That's how I make it, except I add a little cheese after the cheese.

15. kentos

kentos Founding Member

Just went to a pizza party where you make them over a gas grill. Amazingly tasty as tasty as a thin crust pizza can be. Then we took the same dough the next day and made pseudo-nan to eat with some pseudo-Indian-curry.

16. gavination

gavination Founding Member

I've par-baked the crusts as well then loaded on the toppings.

I prefer sandwiching toppings in cheese. Hell, I'll sandwich anything between good cheese.