1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Pillows

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by MattS, Jan 4, 2015.

1. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Yes, you read right. Looking for advice on a pillow. I have been having terrible luck getting a good one, my neck is always kinked in the morning.

Is there a law off diminishing returns on a pillow...is a 100.00 pillow really five times better than a 20.00 pillow or last 5 times longer?

Any one know of a good brand they have had success with?

Sorry for asking this on a knife forum, but my only other recourse was to join a pillow forum and my wife already thinks I am strange for looking at a knife forum...

Best, Matt

2. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

I have a memory foam pillow that I enjoy. It was labeled for a side sleeper which I am. I don't have any complaints on it. I've had it six years now. I think they were $65 and we got them at Kohl's.

3. I tried a memory foam one a few months ago, it was a good brand if I recall and a multi purpose one for people that end up sleeping in all different positions like me, but I couldn't get on with it, just held my head a little too high for my liking and also seemed to make the back of my head and neck sweat a little. Went out and bought a 'full forever' or something like that, synthetic filling that is nice and soft but also supports your head and neck quite well, it has kept it's shape perfectly so far after a few months, pretty sure they were £25 a pair, can't remember the exact brand so that doesn't really help you!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  4. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

5. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

I've got a cheapo from the local big box store. Not even sure the brand.
    It does the job.

I've heard great things about buckwheat pillows. I mean....really great things. Everyone that's tried them loves them.
    20 bones is a small price to pay for a good nights sleep. It's on my list, have yet to pull the trigger though.

6. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

i use a 140 dollar talaly latex pillow... its springy and that took getting use to, but it status cool never loses its shape, it will smell a bit chemical when it's new but that goes away in a few days. heads and tails above anything I've ever used

7. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

Get whatever the fire department gives us. Man, was that a sweet, sweet day....
    Oh, and the pillow is great, too.

8. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Thanks gents, going to try a couple of these and see what happens.

9. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Tom, are you talking about those fancy cortizon injections....or the night caps.....those are nice. Used them a few times in my athletic days.

10. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

There are pillows designed for side sleepers, back sleepers, etc. Might be worth looking into them depending on your sleeping position. I have 2 down pillows. One is older and has about a handful of down left in it--good when I'm sleeping on my back. The other is plumper and newer--terrible when I'm sleeping on my back, but good when on my side.

Hubby has a latex pillow and thinks it's hot. Maybe because there's not much hair for insulation between him and his pillow.

11. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

Im surprised at the latex being hot, thats one of the selling points of them and the reason I love mine in that it stays cool, I stayed far away from the memory foam ones because I know they get hot

12. If you could get one made from boobies.........
    ummmm boobs....

13. MattS

MattS Founding Member

They get too hot and make me sweat....