1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Pictures of your new acquisitions

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by Antonio, Feb 20, 2014.

1. I wish they were easier to get. I don't even know how to order one. How are you guys finding sc125 steel. Germany has a bunch of interesting steels, but kind of difficult to get knives in them.

2. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

3. great looking knives!

4. These look very interesting. Could you give some more info about them. Steel, height, length, grind, etc

5. The Primus are sold exclusively via messerkontor.de. It is a dealer and should be able to deduct the 19% german VAT (included in the prices).
    Best to use the translator of Google Chrome: http://messerkontor.de/produkt-kategorie/kochmesser/kochmesser-hersteller/xerxes-knives-deutschland/

6. Thanks. Looks like they won’t be available until oct 2018. I’ll contact them anyway, to see what the process is. How’s the performance of sc125 if anyone has experience with it. Should be similar to white 1, I’m guessing.

7. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

I've only had mine a week, but it easily takes an wicked edge like shirogami, but with better edge retention, more like aogami super. It's also a lot less reactive than shirogami. If you see one come up for sale on the forums, grab it. I've no regrets whatsoever picking up the one I have, even though it was priced like a new one.

BTW, I asked Messerkontor about the differences between the Primus I and the Primus II and it is just the materials used in the pin and ferrule - copper for the Primus I, forged iron for the Primus II.

8. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

A lot of people prepaid through the site. I paid for mine in September and received it this January. They were back in stock and released mid December iirc.

9. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

Just received this one from Benjamin at Kamon knives. So far very impressed.
    Facts:
    207mm on edge
    57mm at heel
    5.58mm where spine meets handle
    277.6g

For comparison
    Oatley:
    209mm on edge
    56.5mm at heel
    2.21mm where spine meets handle
    171.7g

I think they compliment each other very well!

now for crappy cell pics:

IMG_20180403_081906_796.jpg IMG_20180403_075756_590.jpg IMG_20180403_075756_595.jpg IMG_20180403_075756_596.jpg IMG_20180403_075756_598.jpg

10. Jim

11. Rick

Can you unscrew the Torx head screws and remove the handle?

12. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

I believe so, but waiting for confirmation. I've seen a picture of it disassembled though

13. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

From Ben regarding the removal of the handle:

"You could if you just unscrew the big middle on the bottom but it includes a little effort. It's a tight fit and I wouldn't recommend doing it to someone who never did because you could easily hurt yourself or damage the knife or handle. The little screws are just there to hold the metal parts in place, not for mounting the handle ;)"

14. Jim

15. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

The larger screw in the middle of the steel butt cap. Would be helpful if I included a pic. Duh on me

Photo credit to Benjamin himself

Screenshot_20180316-122853.jpg

16. Jim

17. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

Two from Joe at Halcyon Forge.

20180328_160035.jpg

18. Rick

19. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

To simply take from Joe's site:

Top knife

20180414_074242.jpg

What the above description doesn't mention is the layer of nickel between the iron and core steel.

And for the bottom knife

20180414_074107.jpg

Attached Files:

20. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

That is pretty damn cool! :cool: