1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Petties coming available - Part III

Discussion in 'JapaneseKnifeSharpening / Dave Martell Knives' started by Dave Martell, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Dave Martell

Dave Martell Professional Craftsman Founding Member

Martell Petties O1.JPG

I have qty. 4 - 160mm petties in O1 to make and have gathered up some interesting colored woods that I want to use on them.

I'm thinking that maybe some of you might be interested in these knives, and if so, you could claim them and then pick which combo (western vs wa) that best suits you prior to me guessing and doing what I think is best. If you help me I'll return the favor and reduce the costs by discounting each knife. See details below....

Steel Choices

O1 - $299

Handle Configuration Choices

Western (hidden tang only)

Wa Oval

Wa octagonal

Ferrule/Bolster Material Choices

Blackwood

Black Buffalo + $15

Blond Buffalo + $20 (plain blond only)

*Note - if you have another wood type that you're thinking about please ask as I have many types of small cut off blocks and likely have what you're looking for.

Spacers

Nickel silver or copper (thin only) Westerns + $10 / Wa + $35

*Note - metal spacers will be paired along with black G10

G10 (in various thicknesses - mostly thin & various colors)

Shipping

Included in USA only

Delivery Date

These knives can not be
    started until at least the beginning of Feb. The first petty sold will be started first and then the rest done in order of sale dates. Please know that all 4 knives can not be completed at the same time so expect weeks added to each knife sold from Feb on. This means months wait time. I hope that I have explained this OK here, but, if you have any questions at all about this please feel free to ask as I'd greatly prefer to explain and lose a sale than make a sale and gain an uncomfortable misunderstanding.

Purchasing

Please contact through PM or email if interested in purchasing. [​IMG]

Thanks,
    Dave

2. Dave Martell

I can also offer powdered stainless steel petties here as well! [​IMG]

CPM154 - $329

3. Dave Martell

4. Dave Martell

Still available in either O1 (high carbon tool steel) or CPM154 (powdered stainless) is:

Maple Burl (Blue)

Box Elder (Orange)

Box Elder (Purple)

5. Dave Martell

*Box Elder Burl (Orange) is taken

Still available in either O1 (high carbon tool steel) or CPM154 (powdered stainless) is:

Maple Burl (Blue)

Box Elder (Purple)

6. Dave Martell

The orange is back in again. :)

7. Dave Martell