1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Pastry spatula straightening ?

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by Stumblinman, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Stumblinman

Stumblinman Founding Member

I think this is where it goes...

I have an old pastry spat that has some dings in it. It was given to me by a family member cause... 'I know knives' so I should be able to fix it. :) It's an old one. well it has brass 'rivets'. I tried to heat shrink it but it was too thin to adhere. It's stainless and I'm out of ideas. Does anyone know of a technique ?

Thanks

2. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

3. Stumblinman

Stumblinman Founding Member

It's the blade. I tried to take pics but couldn't focus cause it's shiney :) One ding has a crease so I guess the only way is maybe thinking about it like auto body work. probably not worth the time I'm thinking. Maybe I can just buy a cheapo no name and rehandle it.

4. HHH Knives

HHH Knives Founding Member

Most likly its not hardened steel so you should be able to persuade it by using a anvil and hammer.. to re flatten it or get it back to some resemblance of a pastry spat. :)