1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Passarounds

Discussion in 'Andrei' started by Andrei, Apr 23, 2018.

1. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Shoot me your physical address, Rick, and I will get them out after the holiday.

2. cheflarge

The opinions and statements below are strictly mine and not meant for anything other than a personal view point.

Let me start my review by saying these knives show the craftsmanship of knives two to three times the price. I found the 52100 what I would call, “workhorse” type with the handle being light & the blade having some heft with substantial tapering on the spine. Fit & finish are outstanding as is the grind & heat treat. I received this particular knife with a broken tip, which I fixed (no power tools). Absolutely killer D handle along with minimal stickage when cutting.

The smaller stainless knife, what I would call a ‘laser” with the entire knife (blade & handle) being very light and nimble to use. F&F, grind, HT all extraordinary. This is the first knife I have used that has been sand blasted and am very impressed…….. worked very much like tsuchime finish in preventing sticking.

All in all super impressed with Andrei’s work especially grind & heat treat. Thank you very much, Andrei, for affording me the opportunity to try your functional works of art.

Al

3. Many thanks to you for the review, and then the participants of the passround do not say anything, neither scold nor praise. I already thought that this event will be held without any feedback, I want to thank you separately for the corrected tip of the knife. It should be noted that the review is not complete since you do not criticize the master at all and they are such masters, if you do not scold, they stop in development

4. cheflarge

Fair enough..... I will send further comments via PM. I am very careful to criticize on a open forum and would rather post them to you directly & if you choose to post after reading, that is fine.

I have watched many a documentary of Japanese master smiths, with over 60 years of experience, state that they still have not made the PERFECT knife. Always strive to do better, ALWAYS!

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  5. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor