1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Passarounds

Discussion in 'Andrei' started by Andrei, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Hello everyone!
    Like any craftman I want people to get acquainted with my knives that's why I decide to organize pass around, there will be two knives with different grind of blides. The knives are already in the USA at Marc and he'll take them to famous event that starts on 29 April on eastern coast. This event will be the beginning of our pass around, the second participant may take the knives there. The terms are usual, I'll quote Rick, hope he won't be angry.

The usual rules apply - keep it a week, sharpen it only if you know what you’re doing, insure it when shipping to the next person on the list. Post in this thread when you get the knife and when you send it to the next person. I would appreciate any comments or criticism, and you may post about your experience in this thread.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. larrybard

larrybard Founding Member

I will also be bringing my very recently acquired example to the ECG. Though it's not a "passaround," anyone attending is welcome to admire -- and even try -- it (even though I haven't done so yet).

3. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

I've had a chance to play with both of these. One of my chef's really enjoyed the bottom one (dark handle). Both knives are quite fun. I suspect these will get well used come Sunday.

4. I also hope that my knives will get a little attention.

5. toddnmd

toddnmd Founding Member

I'd love to try these out. Marc had mentioned he would be bringing these. I'll be at the ECG on Sunday.

6. I will be glad to your opinion.

7. MattS

MattS Founding Member

I would be in, but have my own on the way. I can post a review once I play with it for a bit.

8. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

These knives spent some quality time on the cutting board at the ECG today. Hopefully some of the testers will chime in over the next day or two with their thoughts.

9. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

Both of these knives are now with @toddnmd. They both definitely garnered a lot of attention, along with the ones that Larry @larrybard, Rick @Pensacolatiger and myself purchased.

Anyone interested in trying out these two knives should get a hold of Andrei. I highly recommend trying Andrei's work out. You'll be pleasantly surprised. Plus with Andrei's current pricing his work is impossible to beat!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  10. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

On the boards in some good company
    (The one second from left is Rick's. His is currently still on a pass around as well. Andrew @rogue108 now has it)

20180430_071923.jpg

11. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

12. toddnmd

toddnmd Founding Member

Hi everyone,
    I think the list for who gets these next is pretty open. Please post here if you would be interested in joining this passaround. I can ship off to whoever is closest to me for the next turn.
    Andrei, could you give a little more info about these two knives? Steels used, grinds, finish, etc.

13. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

I would most certainly be interested in taking a test drive!

14. A little later I'll write the description of these knives, and I'm glad that it has become more people wishing to try them.

15. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

I'd love a chance to compare these two to the one I have. Please add me to the list.

16. Large knife with a light handle
    Blade: 52100 60-62HRC 260/58 / 5mm.
    Handle: Labúrnum-maple burl, 140mm.

The second knife has a handle from African ebony and copper foam in acrylic, acrylic changes color when heated.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Blade: 230/52/2.5mm. Steel, analog 440c 60-61HRC, blade coating sandblast.
    The knife has a profile.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  17. List of participants.
    marc4pt0
    toddnmd
    cheflarge
    Rick

18. cheflarge

Outstanding........ my curiosity is peeked.

19. cheflarge

Not sure who is next. PM me your physical address, please. Should ship out middle of next week. Whom ever is next........ you are in for a real experience.

Detailed review on both knives to follow.

20. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

According to Andrei's list, I'm next, but only if they've been to Marc and Todd.