1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Old inlay end handles

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by Stumblinman, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Stumblinman

Stumblinman Founding Member

I picked up an old knife just cause it was kinda cool looking with an inlayed handle. How was this done ? My first guess is carved out then maybe pewter poured into it ? Feels heavy and I can see some seepage along the tang.

2. Stumblinman

And while I'm at it, I was looking for an Internet source for info on a two legged parser. All I find is no longer there. Thanks

3. erikz

erikz Founding Member

Pictures maybe? Can't see if its a poured inlay or maybe a carving/piece that was placed in the handle.

4. Tom

Tom Founding Member

5. Stumblinman

2015-04-14 22.35.13.jpg

6. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

Rodgers?

7. Stumblinman

Don't think so. The one's I've found online say pewter inlay, which would make the shine make sense. I found one from the New York Knife Co. Hamer stating it was civil war era and same style. No hallmarks.