1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Obsessive

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by Rami, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Have you ever gotten obsessive about a knife? If so what was it?I am waiting on one and find it always on my mind.

2. Nothing obsessive about that! You're going through a period of cruel uncertainty.

3. Well waking up at 4 am to check for updates would count as obsessive.

4. Just a sane concern.

5. schanop

schanop Founding Member

Wait till you start checking BST every time you have a chance in case a deal may have been snapped by others.

6. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

;)

7. I already do that. Even when I have no money.

8. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

you are a good friend Benuser

9. Kono HD2 240 western. Seems to be forever elusive. Got a 210 just to see if I'd even like it. I'm in love. Though I do not wake in the middle of the night to check stock updates lol.

What knife are you lusting after?

10. Waiting on a Marko 240 s grind John Thomas Damascus.

11. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Yup....... every knife I have in my collection, at the moment & Josh Dabney 240mm gyuto.

12. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

Yep. Every new knife order, I track obsessively if a number is available, and in lieu of shipping updates, I look for videos, pictures, posts, anything to satisfy my confirmation bias.

I have a Shigefusa and a Carter on the way, so those are my current obsession.

13. MattS

MattS Founding Member

I have DT obsessions....

14. I did years ago, after about $20K on knives I stopped. Sometimes you have to just get it out of your system.

15. Lol :) I think the answer should be yes from every single member of this forum.

Recently I probably checked the postal tracking site on a 240 forgie I was waiting for about 4 times a day. Before that I checked eBay multiple times a day for forgies, placing sneaky last minute bids in the middle of the night ;)

You are not alone in your obsession.

16. chefcomesback

chefcomesback Founding Member

It doesn't count obsession until you wake up in the middle of the night realising you passed out on the couch in front of TV and before you go to bed you check news feed to make sure you are not missing out on a good deal on BST :))