1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

No ticket no taco

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by Stumblinman, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Stumblinman

Stumblinman Founding Member

does anyone know the origin of this phrase ? It crosses many states and at least 25 years. i.e. that's how long I've heard it.

2. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

maybe this...
    What does " no ticky, no shirty " mean ?
    The ungrammatical phrase "no tickee no shirtee" also known as "no tickee no washee," speaks about a Chinese laundryman's power over a laundry transaction, wherein the Chinese laundryman refused to relinquish freshly laundered shirts to a white man, who has innocently and unintentionally lost his claim ticket.

The phrase is a fine example of a linguistic phenomenon; when people learn a new language, they layer their new vocabulary on top of the grammatical structure of their native language, like for the Mandarin Chinese phrase: ”mei(2) pian(3) yi(1) mei(2) chun(3) yi(1)”; wh

Read more http://www.kgbanswers.com/what-does-no-ticky-no-shirty-mean/4349860#ixzz3nu0ishvJ

3. Stumblinman

Stumblinman Founding Member

That's interesting thanks. I like that it's a phonetics thing.