1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

My New Sharp Space

Discussion in 'Sharpening forum' started by mr drinky, Mar 10, 2014.

1. mr drinky

mr drinky Founding Member Gold Contributor

So the move is going well, and today I finally dismantled my sharpening station and moved it inside from the garage. I'm in the furnace room, but I like it. I even hooked up a vintage Nakamichi with KEF reference speakers for some awesome classic sound. Wine, good music, and knives is a really comfortable place in life.

Just thinking, but I might add an Apple TV with small television so I can stream Jon Broida's YouTube delights also.

Right now I am listening to Chuck Ragan 'Geraldine' and drinking some Walt Clos Pepe Pinot Noir.

Life is really effen good. I must say I was quite depressed this last year or so, but today feels good.

Drink up Karring.

k.

photo-28.jpg

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  2. Bill Farrell

Bill Farrell Founding Member

So you sharpen vertically? Mighty impressive! :)

3. mr drinky

ha. I switched the photo orientation in the edit. My mac loves to trick me on this.

k.

4. Chuckles

Chuckles Founding Member

Congrats on getting the sharpening station inside. Now you just need to get the pic to work cause I wanna see your set up!

I'm workin on a Mizuno with Buffalo Trace and Highlife.

5. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

6. Chuckles

Chuckles Founding Member

Looking Good!

7. mr drinky

I could give some quote about cleanliness, but cleanliness is tantamount to ignorance in this case. I'm not exactly sure where most of my knives are (a box somewhere), and I haven't soaked the stones. Plus the belt grinder didn't make the trip indoors, so she remains cold and barren outside with the car ;) No dust yet.

Gogol Bordello just started playing…things just got better.

k.

8. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

Looks cool, perfect place to retreat and get into the 'zone'. Cheers, nice wine as usual. Beer for me, gotta refill what I lost in the sweat aaeehh wood shop today.

Stefan

9. gavination

gavination Founding Member

Nice Karring! Gave me some ideas for a sharpening station of my own! I guess it'll have to wait for when I get back from Hawaii though.

Save me some of that sweaty weather Stefan! I'm so done with the cold!

10. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

11. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

Jealous of your set up.
    Need to get out of this condo more and more!

12. cclin

cclin Founding Member

Karring, "nice knives, tasty wine & good music" you sounds way cooler than me. I usually bring small cutting board & some vegetables with me when I sharping; therefore, I can test the edge & doing food preparation for next day's cooking at same time.:D

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  13. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

14. PierreRodrigue

PierreRodrigue Tactical Walrus Founding Member

Hey K, glad to here you and your mind are in better places! I keep all my reloading gear in the basement furnace room. Gun powder too! ;) that way im happy if I have a good day, if I don't... well I have gunpowder!!

15. Andre

Andre Founding Member

As a lifelong resident of sea level and below, I have always been so jealous of basements.

16. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

Basements are nice. With the exception of a couple homes I've always had one my whole life. I lived mostly in Northern IL and it's a common thing. They are very cool in the summer.

Now I'm in TN, Nashville area, and it's just to darn rocky here. No basement!
    AND the bedrooms are on the 2nd floor.....it gets 100+ degrees sometimes in the summer! Thankfully I've got a separate HVAC for first and second floors.

17. Andre

Andre Founding Member

Just sleep outside in August. Trust me. But basements really are sort of exotic and foreign to me.