1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

my new EDC

Discussion in 'Harner Knives' started by butch, Oct 25, 2015.

1. butch

butch Founding Member

cts-204p said to be liek SS M4 and much like 20cv so we will see
    Carpenter gave me a bit to test a while back and im jsut now getting to it
    all standard stuff Ti framelock bolster and clip SS hardware and ironwood burl scale
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bill T

Bill T Founding Member

Yowzaa!
    That looks great Butch!
    And that Ironwood looks incredible!

3. butch

butch Founding Member

it was in my "scrap" bin. anytime i can skim off a 1/8 inc slab and still have wood from the block do the planned handle i save it for those jsut in case i do a folder times
    i still remember when Mark F. gave a few makers a block of wood to get burlsource name out i ended up making 3 knives with it where as the other makers only ended up with one

4. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

Looks great. You going to do some testing on the blade?

5. butch

butch Founding Member

yes the blade steel is new to me and is a higher alloy but being powdersteel is still very fine grain. hardness shoudl be 60-61 rc but im not getting it RC tested till after i have a chance to cut stuff and review if its chippy. i will treat it like any of my pocket knives and see how it holds up

6. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

I love you....