1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

My giant coffee cup is empty~

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by Jim, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

2. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

a staging accident while responding to the "coffee and knives" thread?:rolleyes

3. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Don't know which is the worst part in a situation like this...having to clean off your desk, or not getting to drink your coffee.

4. Probably both... :D It could have been worst:

5. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

Grrrr! Coffee abuse! This makes me sad. What kind of coffee was it? Maybe the pain will subside if I know it was just foldgers via auto drip.....

(clearly not concerned about your desk :rolleyes)

I wear sneakers to work, they have mesh around them because they are "breathable". I spilled coffee at work a few weeks ago and where does it land? all on my shoe! Right through the mesh, soaks my sock. Walked around with a coffee soaked foot most of the day.

6. Jim

24 ounces of Ethiopian made with my technivorm. All survived except the coffee.

7. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

8. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

good thing it wasnt ink

9. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

24oz? I'd never get that finished while still hot enough to drink. Jim you keep upping the bar!

10. When I lived in New England I had to pre-heat my coffee mugs in winter just so that the coffee wouldn't instantly turn lukewarm upon being poured out.

11. Jim

12. Andre

Andre Founding Member

It's having to clean up the coffee, without having any coffee in you. I cap my coffee cups at 6-8 oz. I'd rather drink four hot cups than have a lukewarm 8 oz and 4 oz that would probably be stone cold.

When I was a young my father drove an F100 before they called it a Ranger on his forty minute commute from Mobile AL to Dauphin Island. I have clear memories of him pouring coffee from a green Stanley thermos into a ceramic 6oz coffee cup held between his knees while driving. Only thinking back on it do I realize what a terrible idea that is. I never did see him spill, but I'm sure it happened.

13. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

I use a Thermos high vacuum stainless travel tumbler. have to leave the lid off it for a while so that It can be consumed within the first hour. If I cap it right away, I can't drink if tor a couple hours.

14. butch

butch Founding Member

me too mike but i use an aeropress so its jsut drinkable temp wise btu even anhour later still plenty hot. i take mayeb 10min steep and afd fresh hot water to the press before doign the "press" that way i get every drop out and dont have to add "top off" water to the cup

15. Did you use a straw to salvage the coffee?

16. Jim