1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Mobile/Desktop Mode

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lefty, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

This might seem like a dumb question, but how do I switch from mobile to desktop mode? I'm not a fan of mobile set-ups at all, so this is strangely important to me. :)

2. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

3. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

Nope. I always avoid it, as well. Haha

4. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

There is no selectable skin other than the default, it does scale for mobile devices though with some voodoo I am not familiar with yet. Are you having some issues?

5. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

I just find mobile sites boring. I like the feel of this forum, but I know I'm missing out. I don't see signatures, and everything is "scaled down", as you mentioned. It would be nice to have the option, if possible.

6. Kevin

Kevin Special K Founding Member

It is not possible, unfortunately. The design itself adapts to fit screen sizes on the fly. You can see this in action just by resizing your browser window. This is great for us as it means we only have to maintain one design for all users.

7. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

Its not really a Mobile site Lefty, I think the same way you do, it just scales to fit, based t you do have absolute full founctionality here on a mobile with nothing missing... which os why I dont lile mobile either

8. Kevin

Yep, that's the other perk of having a responsive design. All of the features of the full site are here, just scaled down to fit.

9. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

So, where are people's signatures when they post?

10. Kevin

Those are hidden when the design gets below a certain width in order to avoid excessive scrolling and load time for mobile users, who are often visiting from a mobile data connection.

My comment (Apologies for not being clear) was referring more to the functionality of the site. With the responsive design, all features of the site can exist on both mobile and desktop browsers. That is not usually the case when you have separate mobile and desktop views.

11. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

Sounds like a lie. Hahaha. Just kidding. :D

12. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Really, I just click the options button and have the ability to toggle between moble and desktop view. I am using an old school samsung 3

13. Kevin

An options button on your phone or on the website?

Just curious, as I've never seen that on the software, and I'm wondering how it works since the design responds to the screen width and not whether or not the device is a mobile or desktop.

14. kentos

kentos Founding Member

Turn your device to landscape mode and you might be able to see the sig lines.

15. Kevin

Good point.

16. MattS

MattS Founding Member

On my phone.