1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Milling handles

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by Mark Brock, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Thought I'd post up this video. I've recently starting doing some mill work on my Wa handles instead of doing it all on the belt grinder. Far less mess, faster, and doesn't eat up my belts!

2. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Mark, I hate that you have such cool tools to play with. I am super jealous.

3. Thanks Matt. Believe it or not I paid 125 bucks off Craigslist for that mini-mill in Ventura. I paid more for the vise! LOL.

4. butch

butch Founding Member

mini mill was my 2nd "big$" buy it is just so handy in the shop. nice video

5. Thanks Butch. Mine was dirt cheap. The only problem, now I want a little bit bigger one. Which one do you have again?

6. I double that! No I tripple what Matt said!

7. butch

butch Founding Member

i have a HF mini mill and a bridgeport most makers woudl not need a BP but the price was right and i use it for other stuff too. i think most guys wodul be ok with one of the heavyer dovetail grizley jobbies. if you have the space tho my bridgeport was only 1500$ + 100 to have it dropped off at the shop. was on Clist and guy had 2 for 750 bucks each but they needed work done and had the 47 inch table. told the guy i was hopping for a smallerr one and he walked me into his shop and showed me the up and running 30 inch table BP. i said i bet you want more then 750 for this one ;) but deal was done. the size i wanted and all of my mini mill tooling fits it

8. That is pretty cool Butch. It's gotta be nice to have a tool like that. So many things you can do. I'd love to have a BP but space...
    I think I need a bigger shop. Heck, maybe I just need to re-organize my 2 car garage. I have cabinets full of junk I never use. thinking....

9. butch

butch Founding Member

my 16x24 2 floor shop is too small (wood lathe is in othere building )

10. I will PM you an address for all of that junk taking up vital storage. :D

I haven't even gotten an upgrade from my 4x36 sander to a 2x72 yet...... A mill is probably not in my near future..... :(

11. butch

butch Founding Member