1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Midwest Knife Get Together Fest Hoedown and Wine Drinking Party

Discussion in 'Get togethers, Tastings, Restaurant Openings, Etc' started by mr drinky, Nov 13, 2014.

1. mr drinky

mr drinky Founding Member Gold Contributor

*** I am reposting this from the other forum. Please consider ***

I'm trying to gauge interest in who might want to attend a midwest knife gathering in the new year. Tentatively, the dates of 20-22 February 2015 seem to work, and the 22nd is my birthday, so I have license from my wife to have WHATEVER party I want.

I've only mentioned this to a couple others so far, but we can usually dig up some knife knuts here in Minneapolis. Of course, it is winter and that adds some variability, so I am initially thinking of a two-day affair. It gives some flexibility for weather and if someone just wants to pop in for a day and boogie, then that'll be fine too.

I'd love to see some Chicago and WI crowd make it, or even a Canadian or two. And if there are any makers out there, they are more than welcome. Randy? Or maybe Ric Furrer or Delbert -- who knows. But everyone is welcome regardless of location. Just book your tickets to arrive at MSP on the coldest f**king month of the year.

I do have space to stay at my house for a few people. After that you are on your own. Maybe Chuckles, Heldentenor, Customfan, or Justin0505 can spot you a couch.

Just think about it, and if you are interested post here or send me a PM. There are some great restaurants here in town, and we always have a good time with good food. Bags of veggies and cutting boards will be provided for chopping.

And even if a big gathering doesn't happen, I will likely have something smaller as we tend to have a few get togethers per year anyhow. The odd interloper is always welcome.

Cheers,
    Karring