1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Microwave Technique

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by mr drinky, Apr 18, 2014.

1. mr drinky

mr drinky Founding Member Gold Contributor

First of all, I have to say that I hate using the microwave. The complete lack of feel for cooking with almost always a substandard result is enough for me, BUT I was watching a Jacques Pepin episode on PBS last week and he used some tray to make bacon in the microwave. He also claimed that his wife taught him about the gadget and he has never cooked bacon any other way now.

So I ordered one -- it was only $12. And it worked.

It also took less time to cook and eliminated the bacon grease splatter clean-up. If I need bacon done in 5 minutes but can't really monitor it, than I will probably use this gadget again.

With that said, every now and then I see someone use the microwave in a creative way that saves some cooking time. Anyone have any special microwave techniques?

k.

2. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

I have a microwave hard boiled egg cooker from Nordic that really works. It does 4 perfect hard eggs in 10 minutes perfect for whipping up some egg salad for my daughter's lunch before she is off to school. If I need more than four I still do them on the stove. I was shocked this thing even worked but it does. Also good for when I do egg molds.

3. Huw

Huw Founding Member