1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

McLean Customs - A Sampling

Discussion in 'Sharp and Shiny Shop' started by Lefty, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

Just letting you all who don't know me (yet) what it it that I get up to when I'm not being a husband, soon to be father, and badass firefighter. Haha. Here's a sampling of what I do. :)

[​IMG]

The saya above was made for the Sue Moore Memorial Fund

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you guys like them. I'm busting my butt to get back on track, after a busy and FRIGID winter.

2. sachem allison

sachem allison Founding Member

nice work lefty, If I ever get anymore knives I'll have to get you to make me some sayas.

3. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

Noted! I'll be looking you up in a few months when my knife shows up. :D

4. Christopher

Christopher Founding Member

Beautiful work. Quick question, what kind of materials do you work with?

5. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

Thanks for all of the comments, guys!

I use all types of woods, and have recently sourced a great spot for poplar of many grades. Poplar is a terrific choice for sayas, and it's a pleasure to work with.

My next three projects are ranging from rosewood, to walnut, to G10.

Son - AWESOME to see you here. :)

6. BathonUk

BathonUk Founding Member

Hi Lefty. What a beautiful sayas you have here. Their shape is awesome and you care for detail is outstanding.

7. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

And thanks for that donation foe the Sue Moore charity auction Tom. Awesome work.