1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Martell 225mm Wa (Laser) Gyuto - For Sale

Discussion in 'JapaneseKnifeSharpening / Dave Martell Knives' started by Dave Martell, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Dave Martell

Dave Martell Professional Craftsman Founding Member

Please click on the picture to check out additional images and see details.... [​IMG]

P1010001.JPG

2. Dave Martell

I'd love to hear any and all (good or bad) thoughts you guys/gals have on this handle.

3. Dave Martell

Here's some more info and pictures....

225mm Wa (Laser) Gyuto - Standard

• Model - Gyuto
    • Blade Length - 225mm
    • Steel - O1 (high carbon tool steel)
    • Hardness - Rc 60-61 (with cryo)
    • Height (at heel) - 55mm
    • Weight - 7.9oz (224g)
    • Handle Style - Wa Octagonal
    • Handle Materials - Burnt Maple with Spalted Sycamore ferrule & endcap
    • FREE Lifetime Sharpening included!

A true point and go "laser" grind combined with a fast profile. Plus cryo treated O1 @ Rc60-61 is tough yet easy to sharpen, you have the best of everything here.

The wa octagonal handle is made from figured maple and paired with spalted sycamore on both ends. The maple has been "burnt" and stained to add some character, sort of a used look, that should go well with the carbon steel blade as it patinas over time.

The wood used in this handle has been stabilized AND sealed with a varnish/oil finish.

This knife is from our Standard line, where we're able to offer the same high quality knife as always, but at a less expensive price point.

*Please see close up pictures for details.

Price - $485

P1010001.JPG P1010003.JPG P1010005.JPG P1010010.JPG P1010014.JPG P1010019.JPG P1010020.JPG P1010022.JPG P1010006.JPG

4. Dave Martell

BTW, the story behind this handle is that I have a buttload of this natural maple that I bought on the cheap years ago and never had a cause to use it. It came in tomahawk haft sized blocks so I cut a couple of them down & sent 'em off to stabilization. But because they don't really show much figuring and the coloring is pale and boring I never used them. I got to thinking about how I was going to treat this wood when I made those tomahawks (LOL). I was planning on burning the wood and maybe even staining it...so....that's what happened here. [​IMG]

5. Dave Martell

6. Dave Martell

MUST SELL TODAY!

Blowout pricing - $399

You'll never see this again - trust me! [​IMG]

7. Dave Martell