1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for feedback for work from Andrea Lisch

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by marc4pt0, Nov 5, 2017.

1. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

Anybody here have any feedback on Andrea Lisch's work? All I know is she is David Lisch's wife, and her work looks amazing. I like what she has done with her integral bolster/ferrule work, how it shapes and curves.
    I don't see much of her work, but what I have seen I've become a big fan of. Just curious how her kitchen knives perform.

I mean, just look at this beauty! I've had my finger come close to pulling the trigger on this one several times. The only thing holding me back is not knowing anything about her work. 97277_4_b.jpg 97277_1_b.jpg

2. I'm not normally a dammy person, but that knife does look well crafted. I'd be curious to hear feedback on her work as well.

3. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Who cares?!?!!! It's Davids wife!!! :cool:

4. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Never used one. I have been watching her style for a bit. Likely the forging, HT is spot on, but everything looks so incredibly flat. All the chef knives appear 90%flat with a sudden upward swing to the tip..., I prefer a gradual curve with less flat, just my personal opinion. On the plus side, since knife making is clearly in the family, she may be able to make the profile to your preference.

5. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

I've reached out to her via IG but haven't heard back from yet. The one above is very tempting though

6. Maximus

Maximus Founding Member

I have a Parer she made. It's my favorite! Nothing fancy but a unique handle and nice mono steel blade with a temper line. I bought it at the Seattle show 3 yrs ago, so I'm sure her craft has only gotten better. She has a great aesthetic.

7. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

I'd like to see that parer

8. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

I'll second that

9. Hello all ,......if you have the opportunity to own a Andrea Lisch knife do not pass it up .I am stunned by there visual appeal as well as functionality and durability .I run extremely fast paced high volume facilities .Andreas knives go where I go and do not disappoint .Andreas knives feel great in hand and have a look that starts conversations about custom cutlery. I find it very appealing to use such high quality handmade edged art ...these knives my friends are truly a joy to use ....executive chef drew deckman cmec

10. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

Drew, first off welcome to the Fora!
    Second, thank you for the input on Andrea's work.
    I'm really liking her style for sure.
    Food release is kind of important, but I'm more into ease of cutting through stuff. I like a knife that just falls through food. Little to no effort/ friction if you know what I mean.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  11. Hi again .....Andrea knives as I stated are extremely functional and durable ......because of the handmade Damascus pattern the product being cut releases with ease for more efficient processing .....Andrea knives flow through product with ease ....also a byproduct of Damascus that is of great value is the micro serrations on blade edge Andrea knives are brutally sharp and should be respected as such when in use or being stored . Lastly these blades (of which I own several)do not dull easily so maintaining edge is a breeze ........chef d