1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Left handed 210mm S35VN Gyuto, 61HRC. Buckeye Burl Handle

Discussion in 'Tristone Bladesmithing' started by Chadd Smith, Jan 5, 2016.

1. This was the last knife of 2015 I completed.

210mm S35VN Blade at 61HRC.
    Left hand asymmetric grind.

Left D-shaped handle.
    G10, 416ss, Nickle silver and Buckeye Burl handle.

Bit of a small video I did to show food release. Very easy to cut with and negligible wedging due to being 2.4mm thick at the spine near the heel with a full length distal taper.

I have some more videos to upload, however due to my general lack of knife skill in the kitchen they are probably going to show the same as this.

Thanks for looking,

Regards,

Chadd.

20151220_202947.jpg 20151220_202958.jpg 20151220_203036.jpg 20151220_203056.jpg

2. Great work and cool video

3. Very nice grind.

Beautiful cutting board. What woods? Who made it?

4. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

Wow, Chadd. I'm not sure why, but I hadn't really noticed the amazing work you do until now. You've caught my attention.

What's the price on this beauty?

5. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Outstanding work Chadd
    a real beauty. I like the lines.

6. Thanks, I should make more videos for things like this.

I believe Sydney blue gum and something else. It was made by www.choppablock.com.au

Thanks I appreciate the appraisal :) This one is $650AUD. The owner picked it up locally, so shipping didn't need to be included.

Thankyou it was a great knife to use, my wife didn't want me to give it to the customer :D

7. Another Video, testing on a tomato.