1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Knives for sale

Discussion in 'Tansu Knives' started by chefcomesback, Apr 19, 2015.

1. chefcomesback

chefcomesback Founding Member

I will be consolidating my knives for sale in this thread rather than opening up a new thread each time . Most of my sold knives are customs and every now and then I am making an extra knife here and there so this thread will be an active one . These knives will cost less compared to full customs since I have picked their profiles , steels and handles . Despite my best intentions I came to realisation I have to take some custom orders and with my combined full time work ( exec chef ) my turn time is around 5 months and with more incoming orders it doesn't look like it's going the be getting any shorter . If anyone doesn't want to wait that long and grab a gyuto , suji , line knife or nakiri , watching this thread may be helpful .
    First two are already listed at http://www.knivesandstones.com/mert-tansu/
    Sold
    They are little shorter in height than my average gyutos but have good heat treatments and grinds , I haven't spend as much time on the finishing but overall they are very good cutters
    This one is link to the ringed gidgee handled one , which is thinner
    http://www.knivesandstones.com/mert...-monosteel-thin-grind-ringed-gidgee-d-handle/
    Sold
    This one is the link to beefwood handled workhorse one
    http://www.knivesandstones.com/mert...-monosteel-workhorse-grind-beefwood-d-handle/
    Sold

They all come with free shipping .

Next one is a 190mm San mai sumingashi Gyuto hand forged from takefu shiro 2 core , water quenched around 62+hrc very similar to hitachi shirogami but with added little bit of chromium .
    45mm tall at the heel , 2.68mm thick at the spine with slight asymmetric grind for right handed person . The handle is d shaped dyed maple burl from burl source with nickel spacer and buffalo horn
    It is very thin behind the edge
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429497154.002828.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429497204.459019.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429497228.710700.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429497268.305937.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429497289.062669.jpg

SOLD

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  2. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

I have handled this knife, personally, well worth it at twice the price! :cool:

3. chefcomesback

Thanks Al

4. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

Man, these knives are looking great! I'll admit though that I have developed a special interest in your western handles. Whoa!

5. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

Beautiful work!

Stefan

6. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

Is this the knife that was tested for food release, or the new steel you were getting?

7. chefcomesback

Thanks guys

8. chefcomesback

Mike , I had this knife with me but we didn't cut anything since I wanted to keep it new , the grind is similar to one you tested . The new steel should be already shipped home , I am hoping it is dry , we had apparently very bad floods last couple days , there is a chance it may be under debris in water :(

9. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

FYI....... Mert's D-handles are off the hook!!! :cool:

10. chefcomesback

Both knives on knivesandstones are sold , I will be auctioning the takefu steel gyuto , all the funds will be going to my wood vendor who lost his shop , tools and all the timber he had

11. Mrmnms

Flood damage Mert? Is that where my piece came from?

12. chefcomesback

His shed caught fire and burned to the ground , pretty much all of my ringed gidgee was from him

13. chefcomesback

14. chefcomesback

Here is another knife available for sale , 250mm Aebl gyuto , the person commissioned decided to go with carbon last minute while the knife was almost done . Slight asymmetric ground , 3mm thick at the spine , 51mm tall , 250mm at the edge and around 62hrc . Handle is African Blackwood , Mokume spacer and buffalo horn . Handle is not glued in yet , can even convert to western ( extra $) if requested . First person to respond to this thread or message me will get it
    SOLD
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453709969.972051.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453710013.223440.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453710036.311864.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453710083.481735.jpg

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  15. chefcomesback

Aebl is sold

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  16. chefcomesback

Coming up in this months email
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Haven't glued the handle just yet
    [​IMG]

17. Very nice. What steel?

18. Mrmnms

For a guy who was going to give up on wa handles, you recent ones are beautiful. What's the wood Mert?

19. chefcomesback

Thanks Rami , it is 1080/15n20

20. chefcomesback

Thanks Mike , if I remember correctly you helped to make the steel at the hammer in last year the wood is mallee burl , another Aussie hardwood burl , I like it a lot . With a simple copper spacer .