1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Knife Case

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by Bill Farrell, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Bill Farrell

Bill Farrell Founding Member

Anyone use a case like this (minus the .45) to transport their knives? Seems to me it would be better than the soft cases in terms of protecting the knives and not getting cut up by the knives inside. Pros and cons?

[​IMG]

2. William Catcheside

William Catcheside Founding Member

I would use that for knives, Ive often thought of hard case storage for taking lots of knives on a motorcycle, but I would get a foam kit and arrange slits vertically, would make the best use of the space if its deep enough. I was looking a Pelican cases, foam option galore with them.

3. Bill Farrell

Bill Farrell Founding Member

I had forgotten about Pelican. If you set up one of their "pick and pluck" (or whatever they call it) foam cases for 3-4 knives, they'd be calling you "the food assassin" when you opened it up at work.

4. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Bill, I used one similar back when I was doing the kitchen thing. I just got one of the aluminum tool cases from Home Depot and added foam. It worked great for a couple of knives.

Boydt makes some pistol cases cheaper than Pelican that also work. All my knives out of rotation currently reside in one.

5. Legion

Legion Founding Member

The good thing about pelican is they are air tight. A couple of packs of silica in there, it would be good for long term storage as well, although I would wrap the blade in a cotton tea towel, just in case contact of the blade and foam cause some long term storage issues.