1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Ketel One Vodka - One Craft

Discussion in 'Sharp and Shiny Shop' started by Lefty, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

Hey guys,

For those of you who were curious to see what I look like, sound like (I had a brutal sinus infection that week, but this is close), and what I do/where I do it - until we move into the new house, and of course shop space - the commercial is now airing, in Canada. You can see it here first, at AUX.tv, but I'm sure it'll pop up if you keep your eye out.

I would like to say a couple little things first, however:

There is a knife picture that I believe is Marko's handle work, and not mine. It is a piece that I tuned up and sold, and they happened to grab it from my site. I tried to get them to change the picture, but things were already too far along, so it is there forever.

Also, they asked me a few questions about my work with Jamie Oliver, and again, I tried to get them to downplay it, but they ultimately call the shots.

With all of this being said, they were terrific to work with, and I think they did a fantastic job with the commercial, capturing what I'm all about, and showing how I do it. It was a fantastic experience, and one I would do over again.

A huge thanks to Camber Media, and Ketel One Vodka. I'm truly honoured to have been contacted and chosen to be a part of a beautiful commercial series that is bringing the spotlight back to handmade goods and the beauty behind any craft.

Here it is. I hope you all like it:

http://www.aux.tv/onecraft

2. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

3. Wow. very cool man.

4. Very cool commercial Tom!

5. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

I loved the commercial Tom. It makes one think it can be done with small shop. Now if I just had the talent! With a big glass of Ketel One, Cheers to you.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2014
  6. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

Very cool to see! Congrats on your successes and look forward to seeing where you go next.

7. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

Very nice!

8. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

Congratulations, Tom! I could have watched another twenty minutes of your work in progress.

9. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Congrats, Tom. Very nice so see the "small" guys getting props!

10. butch

butch Founding Member

coool congrats man

11. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Very nice Tom. For some reason I always thought you were sponsored by Dos Equis. Although now that I hear your voice the accent is slightly different.:james