1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Interview with Chef Sachem Allison

Discussion in 'Life on the Edge' started by MotoMike, May 31, 2014.

1. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

2. apathetic

apathetic Founding Member

I hope all goes well and wish you a speedy recovery!

3. Son thanks for a good read and i hope things turns to the better with your health bud.

4. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

All the best, Son, get well soon. Three heart attacks, two open heart surgery's, lower intestine resectioning. Still kicking ass and taking names. Can't keep us old school chef's down for to long. Be well brother, Son.

5. Christopher

Christopher Founding Member

Fantastic read, until the heart attack post. Wishing you all the best on a speedy recovery sir!!

6. Goodness! Wishing you all the best in your recovery.

7. sachem allison

sachem allison Founding Member

thank you guys for your concern.
    Turns out, they don't think I had a heart attack per se. all the test came back negative with the exception of the nuclear stress test. I have had 5 previous heart attacks and 3 micro-strokes, a triple bypass, 2 stents and 7 angioplasties since 2007. They did a ultrasound and a scan on my hearts and found a defect in the heart wall. The wall of my heart has weakened and bulged out. They are concerned that it could rupture. So Next Thursday they are going to perform another surgery and find out whats up. I was just released tonight and will be going back in on Thursday next week. They are all a bit nervous since it is something they haven't really dealt with in me before. I'm usually pretty predictable in my heart problems. This threw them for a loop. It was all rather mysterious.

8. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

Son, stop doing sh$) like that... Get well! I hope they can do something to stabilize you long-term.

Stefan

9. Well good luck on Thursday!

10. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

11. zwiefel

zwiefel Rest in peace brother

Well I'm glad that the initial diagnosis turned out to overshoot the actual problem...hope they get you sorted on the new issue. I'll be thinking about you next week.

12. Wishing you well Son. You such a tough SOB. Mike and I are coming back for those glazed ribs soon

13. Dream Burls

Dream Burls Founding Member

Damn Son, I read your last post after I read the interview and it really bummed me out. You need to get better soon, AND THAT"S AN ORDER!

14. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

We are all pulling for you Son. Looking forward to sharing some of that awesome crazy ass booze you created .

15. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Darn it Son, you need to cut out this "mysterious" stuff and just be healthy and feel good!

Hope everything goes well tomorrow. You'll be in our thoughts. Let us know how things go.

16. sachem allison

sachem allison Founding Member

Heart surgery last week, didn't work out so good. Heart surgery this morning also didn't go according to plan. Heart surgery in 2 weeks lets hope that one goes better. I'm tired.

17. Christopher

Christopher Founding Member

Still have you in my thoughts.

I hope you feel better soon!!!

18. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Good luck Son, in my prayers.

19. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Stay positive, brother Son!