1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

I prayed today

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by Brad Gibson, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Brad Gibson

Brad Gibson Founding Member

I am not a religious person at all. Today when I woke up I realized that I had left my backpack with all my knives in it at the bar after work. I ran down there, literally, in a psychotic panic mode and asked the owner of the place if it was there. He looked and didn't find anything, but he took my number down just incase it turned up. I went home and contemplated suicide and also said the only real prayer I think I have ever said.

"Dear God please let my knives be found."

About five minutes later the guy called me and said he had my bag.

Was it the prayer or was it just luck? You decide, but today I am so damn thankful that I still have my knives.

2. zwiefel

zwiefel Rest in peace brother

Yikes! Glad it worked out well.

3. I'm going to remember that knife prayer, just in case.... I'm glad you got them back. You must be doing back flips!

4. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

5. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

I wonder which god was taking the call.

6. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

[​IMG]

7. Intrigued

Intrigued Founding Member

So glad to hear you got them back. :cool1

8. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Wow, close call. Glad they are home.

9. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Whew! Glad you got them back!

10. pleue

pleue Founding Member

Phew close call. A friendly reminder as someone who has had their kit stolen, take photos, document however you can, and consider adding a card in your roll with contact info and a no questions asked reward if found.

11. Brad Gibson

Brad Gibson Founding Member

if I lost my whole roll, it probably would equal one of your knives lucretia. I added the total in my head about 100 times. I think I would've lost around 3500-4000 dollars. And it definitely made me think about your suggestions pleue. I dont think I will ever hold ALL of my knives on me ever again. And insurance pictures are almost a must to me now. That scared the living ******** out of me this morning. I never want to experience that again.

12. chefcomesback

chefcomesback Founding Member

Good to hear you didn't loose them Brad , that would give me a heart attack . Lately I find myself having less expensive knives in my rotation or I don't keep the all nice ones together