1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

I need a bread knife

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by James, Nov 30, 2015.

1. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

don't want to put to much money into it. but would like something cool to hang with my other groovy knives...

any suggestions ?

2. schanop

schanop Founding Member

3. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

4. daveb

daveb Founding Member

Gude makes a 210 in addition to the 320. I use the little one more often than the Mother. Great knives both.

5. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

I have two Tojiro ITK's. Not the prettiest though.

6. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

I have used the Güde and It is built like a tank, I would take it into mortal combat! .. The MAC is OK as it lives in a drawer, serviceable and effective.
    I find it hard to get excited about any serrated knives.

7. James

me too, i really didn't want to get into a hundred bucks on one because of that, i may have to check the bay

8. Chuckles

Chuckles Founding Member

9. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

It ends up at 43 bucks with the discount, hard to beat at that! sale ends 12/4.

10. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

Hot diggity! That's a great price

11. James

60 bucks Canadian... still a good price

12. James

31 to ship to me... making this 118 bucks before it hits customs and i get dinged there lol... that's an expensive 40 knife lol

13. well I guess it's time for World Sharpest Knife:

14. Lol. I've got at my parents' one of this knife that is auto-proclaimed "world's sharpest knife". Don't remember if it's the same brand though :D
    I don't really think it's true, if you want my opinion :p

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  15. schanop

schanop Founding Member

Just received my bread sword today. It even came with a Güde bandaid saying that it is sharp :srt
    [​IMG]

16. Haggises

Haggises Founding Member

The Victorinox Forschner bread knife (on amazon.ca right now for 42 canadian) was recommended to me a couple years ago on B&B.
    (the ITK was highly recommended but was not under 50 bucks back then dammit)
    I got the offset and have to say I've been really pleased with it. It does the job of cutting bread really well.
    If you want snazzy handles and forged steel to go with your other snazzy knives, I can't help you :)

17. I like the Robert Herder Grandmoulin Series,
    but don't know anything about the availability in Canada :).

This breadknife looks like a small machete.

Best Regards from Germany

Funky

18. Bill T

Bill T Founding Member

There's no store in Canada that you can buy from that can help alleviate the shipping?
    I hate shipping to Canada just for those reasons...Damn Gansta' Canada Post!