1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi!

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by John Fout, Feb 18, 2014.

1. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

I'm ChefJohnboyardee on many forums. I'm kicking off a sharpening side biz for some morning work in the Northern Columbus area. Been working on some restorations on flea market finds, mostly carbon Sabs so far.

Super exciting stuff :D

2. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

Heya John, you gonna show us all your stuffs ? as a real chef im sure you have a knife or two

3. Andy

Andy Founding Member

Greetings and welcome.

4. Boris

Boris Founding Member

Welcome john! Nice seeing ya around

5. Argonaut

Argonaut People call me French sounding words Founding Member

Hola!

6. John Fout

I'll see if they all fit in one photo... I have my first day off since two Fridays ago on Wednesday. I'll see if I can catch some natural light as my condo is a cave otherwise. Do you want the project knives in said photo? :)

7. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

I want anything and everything you have to show,.. there is (I see you commented on Jims steel) a subsection for such things, thought you would have some worthy wears to watch

8. John Fout

I'm a young chef. Chefs don't get paid much. I used a cheap knife for a long time. It wasn't until I was working two jobs and getting overtime in one that I was able to afford a really nice blade and stones. When I have my knife bag and bag that I carry my stones in my Jeep I joke that it triples the value of the Jeep and my collection isn't impressive yet.

I also will use any knife I buy. Nothing sits for me. If I can't use it at work, I don't want it.

9. Andrew

Andrew Have Pen Will Travel Founding Member

Looking forward to seeing your knives, John.

-Andy

10. Christopher

Christopher Founding Member

Welcome John. Good to see you here.

11. John Fout