1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

HHH filet knife auction question

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by mark76, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Hey guys,

I just placed a bid for this knife: http://www.kitchenknifefora.com/auctions/details?id=56

I then tried to ask some questions in this topic: http://www.kitchenknifefora.com/threads/advertise-and-discuss-your-auction-items-here.1677/page-4

But for some reason I cannot post there. (Everything seems to work fine until I press the post button. Then nothing happens.) My questions were:

- until when does this auction run?
    - how can I see what the current highest bid is?
    - is this a fillet knife (with quite a lot of flex) or a boning knife (with hardly any flex)

Thanks!

Mark

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  2. HHH Knives

HHH Knives Founding Member

Hello Mark, The auction runs for 3 days. Not sure how or where you can view real time for it??

The grind itself is described in the auction description. "The blade thickness and grind is designed to have just the right amount of flex and yet some rigidity to be a awesome combination cutter."

I would say its in the middle. ;) But I also suppose that would depend on what knives and how ridged or flexible your experiences were. If ya want a really flexible blade. This may not be the knife for you. If you want a super rigid blade. This is not the knife for you. :) But if ya want one that just right. With flex at the tip but enough back bone and rigidity to break down meat. Your probably gona like this blade..

3. Thanks Randy, is their any way to see what the current highest bid is?

4. HHH Knives

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  5. Thanks, Randy. When I follow that link, I indeed can see the time remaining and the highest bid. The knife is beautiful! But if it is in the middle between a boning knife and a fillet knife, I guess it is not the knife I'm looking for right now: I'd like something for filleting a salmon (X-mas tradition here), so with a lot of flex. If you auction such a knife, please let me know!

6. HHH Knives

7. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

If you click on the auction tab it will show all current auctions along with their high bid and end time
    http://www.kitchenknifefora.com/auctions/

Thanks for the awesome auction Randy and the question Mark!

8. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

9. HHH Knives

;)