1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello from SW Oregon - Home of Bigfoot

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Burl Source, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Burl Source

Burl Source Founding Member

Some of you all know me already but for those of you who don't, My Name is Mark Farley.
    I used to work a real job in the Seattle area but got kind of burned out with everything.
    So I moved down to a small community in SW Oregon and decided to start over with a new, simpler life.
    Now I can walk across the street to the Illinois River or drive 2 miles to get to the Kamliopsis wilderness area.
    In the late 1800s this was a mining community. So I got a gold pan and decided to try my luck. Now I know almost all the places where there is absolutely no gold. But I still have fun.

I work at a place called "It's a Burl". One of those roadside burl shops that you used to see along the highway back in the 60s and 70s. Most of what I do is look for really unusual wood and prepare it for knife handle material. I have fun and enjoy when I get to see my wood used on really nice knives.

Sometimes I can come across as kind of a smart mouth. But I am usually joking and I mean well.
    I am looking forward to seeing how this community grows. Thanks for having me here.

2. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

Oh no, not another one. lol ( I mean the bigfoot thing not the smart mouth thing, although that too)

Welcome to the Forums Mark

3. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

Welcome, Mark! Figured the wood "pusher" would be here.

4. Christopher

Christopher Founding Member

Welcome Mark!!

5. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Great to have your hairy visage on the new KKF Mark

I thought B&B was the home of Bigfoot?

6. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Good to have you here Mark. I will go on to say I have NEVER had a bad piece of wood from Mark. Great service and great product.

7. Argonaut

Argonaut People call me French sounding words Founding Member

I thought Washington was the home of Bigfoot. :D On a side note, is your employer hiring?
    Welcome aboard!

8. Bill T

Bill T Founding Member

I can't wait to see some of what you have to offer!

edit to add..
    Just clicked your link...

mmmmm Buuurrrllllll......

9. Andy

Andy Founding Member

Greetings and welcome Mark!

10. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

Hi Mark! Give me notice when you get some great buckeye burls in. I'll buy several blocks!

11. Mike Davis

Mike Davis Founding Member

Mark....my dear old friend...i miss your awesomeness!!