1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Harners - Big and Small

Discussion in 'Sharp and Shiny Shop' started by Lefty, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

My boy Butch has come through, yet again! First up is a 235x57mm CTS-XHP K-Tip Gyuto, with maple burl handle. This one has Butch's fantastic grind, workmanship, and the distinctive Harner look. The regular price for this one would be $650, but in honor of the new forum, we're going with a price of $585, shipped.

[​IMG]

This is a beastly prep monster, with that Classic Harner thin grind BTE. Sure to kill it for anyone!

Next up is a Harner Mini-Mini Gyuto (gyuto shaped petty). These are perfect knives for plating, cramped quarters, and home use, for a quick meal. Again, classic Harner! This one is also CTS-XHP, 135x44mm, with a cedar burl handle. Price on this badboy is $235, shipped.

[​IMG]

As you can see, the profile/blade height on this is awesome for board, and nice tip work.

Thanks, guys!

2. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

Love the way he cut that cedar burl.

3. jigert

jigert Founding Member

Ouff! That prep monster. I'm actually thinking of biting on this one instead of the nakiriā€¦
    Good to see that sharp and shiny is at it again, and with a bang! They both look great!

4. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

Here are a couple other line knife beauties by my boy, Butch. These are available NOW!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Both of these are CTS-XHP Stainless, with a length of 210mm, and heel height of 40mm. The handle is cocobolo for the full tang and locust and cedar burl for the wavy wa.
    Price on these is reduced for a "Spring (is coming) Sale".
    $400 for the Western, and $525 for the insane wa.

5. Dream Burls

Dream Burls Founding Member

Super stuff Tom. Butch is truly a craftsman. If I only had the dough.:cool1

6. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

Butch's line knives are a beauty to behold. I think he really nailed the profile, grind and balance. I was fortunate enough to pay with one last Fall. It would be at the top of my list if my work space was reduced and I had to give up my 240+ gyutos. I'm only a home cook, but I really think his line knives are optimized to bang on all day long.

7. daveb

daveb Founding Member

Is this an allowed use of a "line" knife? Thought I was never going to run out of those porkies. Great knife to spend time with.

2014-10-29 19.00.16.jpg 2014-10-29 19.15.50.jpg

8. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

quit posting pics of thiese in use before I have to pony up and order one... :D

9. daveb

daveb Founding Member

It only hurts for a little while....:cool:

10. Brad Gibson

Brad Gibson Founding Member

is the top wa line knife used? it looks like one ive seen already

11. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

12. butch

butch Founding Member

dang that is a bunch of pork

13. You're killing me Tom! I'm still waiting for mine and you're tempting with more! Those line knives look killer...

14. butch

butch Founding Member

what one are you waiting on i think i have one that was left behind due to a mix up (we are working to streemline this ordering making and shipping thing)

15. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

Was another batch of shorties made? I got forgotten on the first run but am still interested.

16. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

It was a run from a few months ago...I think most have gotten their knives already, and I don't think there's been a batch since then.

17. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

Kind of both. No idea what happened, but things got confused, but we're ALMOST all sorted out.

18. I ordered a shorty / short, & a paring