1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Going to Austin w family - advice

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by thedispossessed, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Hey All!
    So my wife and I are planning our first trip to Austin for November or December for about 6-7 days. We'll be traveling with a 1 year old and are into all good stuff, food, music, outdoor activity, etc, etc.
    Any advice from forum members would be appreciated as we don't know the city or region whatsoever.
    We were planning on balling out and staying at the Hotel St Cecilia, Hotel San Jose, and/or the South Congress Hotel, possibly a mix of all three. Seem like cool boutique hotels, just hope they're worth the $$$$.
    Looking forward to hearing from you!
    Cheers
    Matteo

2. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

Austin is on my list of places to visit, but I have no plans to get there soon. I heard years ago, like...10 years ago that it was totally awesome in Austin. A friend at the time lived there.
    And I have another old friend from back in the day that moved there and last I heard she was having a ball.

So yeah, I've heard nothing but great things about the city. I hope you enjoy your time! Sorry I couldn't be of more help

3. I don't know much about Austin (living in Sweden). All I know is that if I visited I would very much like to go to the roller derby. :)

http://www.texasrollergirls.org/

4. South Congress has some fabulous restaurants and shopping. Lots of second hand stores. One of my favorite restaurants is all of Texas is Perla's on S Congress. Amazing fresh innovative seafood and at least 10 different varieties of oysters to choose from. All the waitstaff know the oysters like a sommelier knows wine. 6th street has Tears of Joy which is an incredible shop of hot sauces and salsas and ground petters. Lots to taste there. bring milk!

5. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member