1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

For Sale - Martell 240mm Gyuto in CPM-154

Discussion in 'JapaneseKnifeSharpening / Dave Martell Knives' started by Dave Martell, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Dave Martell

Dave Martell Professional Craftsman Founding Member

Stats

Length - 240mmHeight (at heel) - 55mm

Steel - CPM-154 (Crucible Particle Metallurgy aka stainless powdered steel)

Hardness - Rc61-62

Handle Style - Yo (hidden tang western)

Handle Materials - English Sycamore with amboyna burl ferrule & G10 spacers

The wood used in the handle is English Sycamore, it's not a common wood in the US in block form, it's mostly used as a veneer and for guitar making so this isn't something you can expect to see too often. The tone is soft, the color is very blond, and has rich chatoyance. I tried my best to capture the features in different lighting but as usual pictures don't duplicate this type of character very well. It's a different look than I normally provide, I just wanted to try this color combo and see if it worked. What do you think of it?

Oh and the feeling of this sycamore is really nice, it's got a great wood feeling in the hand, not at all plastic-y.

Price - $550 (shipping included to USA / International will pay all costs over $25)

If you're interested in purchasing this knife please contact via PM or email along with your Paypal email address (for the invoice). If international, please specify country.

Thanks for looking!

Dave

P1010018.JPG P1010024.JPG P1010039.JPG P1010045.JPG P1010049.JPG P1010054.JPG

2. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

3. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

Yup. Looks great to me

4. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

It works beautifully Dave.

5. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Darn sexy, sir! :cool:

6. Dave Martell

7. Dave Martell

Emergency Price Drop - $400

My wife's mother passed away a few hours ago and I need to sell this knife so that we can get some decent clothes to wear to her funeral, yeah - we're that poor, and for once I'd like to not have my wife & kids look like it. Buying this knife will help us out tremendously.

Dave

8. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

Dave, very sorry to hear the news about your mother-in-law.

I sent you an email about the knife.

9. Dave Martell

This one is SOLD

Thanks to everyone who asked about it and for the condolences as well, it's all greatly appreciated.

10. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

Sorry to learn of your loss, Dave. My condolences to you and your family.