1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

For Sale - 52100 Gyuto w/mustard patina

Discussion in 'JapaneseKnifeSharpening / Dave Martell Knives' started by Dave Martell, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Dave Martell

Dave Martell Professional Craftsman Founding Member

240mm Wa Gyuto in 52100 - Professional

[​IMG]

• Model - Gyuto
      • Blade Length - 240mm
      • Steel - 52100 (high carbon ball bearing steel)
      • Blade Finish - Triple Layer Mustard Patina
      • Hardness - Rc 62-63 (with cryo)
      • Height (at heel) - 55mm
      • Weight - 7.8 oz (221g)
      • Handle Style - Wa Octagonal (tapered) with rounded butt
      • Handle Materials - AZ Ironwood with blond marbled buffalo horn ferrule & end cap

This gyuto has been made to impress in all aspects!

The blade is made from cryo treated 52100 (high carbon ball bearing steel) hardened to Rc62-63, it's tough yet easy to sharpen.

The blade's surface has been treated to a triple layer mustard patina for aesthetics as well as for a reduction in (negative) oxidation and reactivity. This steel isn't so reactive that it needs this to be done, I simply wanted to try something different and went for it. The result is a unique one of a kind look that has some worthwhile function to it. This is the 1st Martell knife that I've made for sale with a forced patina and it's also the 1st knife that my daughters both tried to get me to keep. They love the pattern on the blade, they call it "marble".

The wa octagonal handle is made from figured AZ Ironwood paired with blond marbled buffalo horn on both ends. The butt cap is rounded.

The handle has been sealed with 9 coats of a varnish/oil finish.

*Please see close up pictures for details.

Shipping FREE for USA

International Shipping will be charged $35 flat fee - A Paypal invoice will be sent after checkout

If interested in purchasing you can either checkout HERE or send me a PM with your email address and (if international) your location, I'll follow by sending you a Paypal invoice.

Thanks,
    Dave

P1010001.JPG P1010002.JPG P1010005.JPG P1010012.JPG P1010016.JPG P1010017.JPG P1010019.JPG P1010022.JPG

2. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

Cool patina man

3. Dave Martell

4. Dave Martell