1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

For Sale - 300mm Martell Yo-Sujihiki O-1

Discussion in 'JapaneseKnifeSharpening / Dave Martell Knives' started by Dave Martell, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Dave Martell

Dave Martell Professional Craftsman Founding Member

Stats

Length - 300mmHeight (at heel) - 45mm

Steel - O-1

Hardness - Rc60-61

Handle Style - Yo (hidden tang western)

Handle Materials - Dyed Hawaiian Mango with Buffalo Horn Ferrule & G10 spacers

The handle is made from dyed Hawaiian mango (from Mr. BurlSource) and is something that has to be seen in person to appreciate. The pictures don't come close (by a long shot) to showing the depth this wood has and there's a ton of movement from every angle (3D). The color started of as black but faded towards the inside of the block to reveal a silvery metallic look which I like a lot.

I shot hundreds of pictures in all sorts of lighting conditions trying to not only show the depth of the wood but to accurately represent the knife the way it looks in real life. Like I said above, the handle doesn't look anywhere near as nice (in the pics) as it does in hand but the pics do show the coloring well enough. *Note - The lighter colored spacers aren't white, they're actually gray, but show lighter in the pics than in real life.

This is a very nice sujihiki....simple & clean with just a splash of bling. [​IMG]

Price - $650 (shipping included to USA / International will pay all costs over $25) If you're interested in purchasing this knife please contact via PM or email along with your Paypal email address (for the invoice). If international, please specify country.

Thanks for looking!

Dave

P1010061.JPG P1010108.JPG P1010059.JPG P1010063.JPG P1010065.JPG P1010077.JPG P1010089.JPG P1010096.JPG P1010098.JPG

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  2. Holy, motherhellin damn. That knife is just amazing

3. Dave Martell

LOL - :D

Thanks Alex

4. Dave Martell

5. Beautiful! Oh my poor bank account.....trying to resist :)

6. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

7. Dave Martell

Thanks Jim

8. Dave Martell

You are getting weaker....I can feel it! :jump

9. Dave Martell

10. Beautiful knife Dave. Love the handle and always a fan of k-tip sujis. What's your grind like on your sujis (heavier/laserlike/thick spine but thin behind edge/somewhere in between)?

11. Dave Martell

Hi Bob,
    If I could grind the perfect suji it would be thick at the spine (yet only as thick as it needs to be) to be non-flexible, tapering towards the tip (the k-tip helps to get a thin grind in that section), and wide bevel for thin behind the edge food release. That's what I try for.

I also want a suji to be as good on the board as it is off hand. My sujis are board freindly.

Thanks for the question.

Dave

12. Pleeaaasssseee, someone buy it.

13. Dave Martell

Oh yes.....it draws near :D

14. Dave Martell

15. Dave Martell

Price Reduction - $575 [​IMG]

(shipping included to USA / International will pay all costs over $25)

16. Dave Martell

FINAL Price Reduction - $550 [​IMG]

(shipping included to USA / International will pay all costs over $25)

The reduced price is $100 OFF if what I normally charge. This is a very nice knife that will for sure surprise and delight you in person and through it's use. I'm reducing the price on this knife only because I need the $$$.

17. Dave Martell

18. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

Congrats to the buyer, and thanks for taking away the temptation!

19. Congrats Dave and new owner!