1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

For Sale - 240mm Martell Gyuto

Discussion in 'JapaneseKnifeSharpening / Dave Martell Knives' started by Dave Martell, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Dave Martell

Dave Martell Professional Craftsman Founding Member

I really like how this one turned out, might even be my best gyuto ever. [​IMG]

Stats

Length - 240mm

Steel - O1

Hardness - Rc60-61

Handle Style - Hidden tang western

Handle Materials - Dyed maple burl, buffalo horn, nickel silver pin & spacer

Price - $600 (shipping included to USA - international to pay actual costs)

I ground this blade to be just about perfect to how I envisioned my gyutos to be when I first started - this one is the closest for sure in that regard - I couldn't be happier with this.

The maple burl is simply - magnificent! The pictures almost make it look bad, that's how nice it is. I got lucky with the buffalo on this one too, it's got some light gray wispy streaks in it - awesome! The whole dang thing is awesome....I really like this knife....didn't I say that already? [​IMG]

If you're interested in purchasing the knife please contact via PM or email along with your Paypal email address (for the invoice). If international, please specify country.

Thanks for looking!

Dave

P1010003.JPG P1010006.JPG P1010010.JPG P1010011.JPG P1010017.JPG P1010020.JPG P1010022.JPG P1010025.JPG P1010013.JPG

2. Dave Martell

BTW, there will be an equally awesome nakiri available tomorrow. [​IMG]

3. Isaac

Isaac Founding Member

Man I hope this goes quickly. Im really having an internal conversation about putting this on a credit card. I have been wanting to buy one of your blades for some time.

4. Dave Martell

You should always listen to those voices in your head. :jump

5. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

6. Isaac

Isaac Founding Member

Ive been going back and forth...why is it still here?

7. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

8. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

I haven't been a fan of horn in the past, but you are definitely changing my mind!

9. Dave Martell

:cool1

10. Dave Martell

11. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

12. Dave Martell

I sure hope so. :D