1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

For Sale - 225mm Wa Gyuto - Powdered Stainless

Discussion in 'JapaneseKnifeSharpening / Dave Martell Knives' started by Dave Martell, May 29, 2018.

1. Dave Martell

Dave Martell Professional Craftsman Founding Member

225mm Wa Gyuto - "Purple Pearl" Poly Acrylic - CPM154

[​IMG]

• Model - Gyuto
      • Blade Length - 225mm
      • Steel - CPM154 (powdered stainless)
      • Hardness - Rc 61-62 (with cryo)
      • Height (at heel) - 53mm (2.08 in)
      • Weight - 7.3oz (207g)
      • Handle Style - Wa (octagonal)
      • Handle Materials - Poly Acrylic; purple pearl swirl pattern with black ferrule & end cap

Made from CPM154 powdered stainless steel to have great edge retention, and ease of sharpening.

Food separation will be good, primarily as a result of the convex grind, and also assisted by a forward balance where weight is retained in the upper section of the blade as much as possible.

The spine, although nicely tapered, retains strength and resists flex yet the tip is thinly ground for making proper cuts as required.

The wa style handle is made from a poly acrylic material. It's a messy material to work with yet I LOVE the results! This handle is described as having a purple pearl swirl pattern for the main section along with a black ferrule & end cap.

The pairing of a stainless steel blade with a poly acrylic handle makes for a low maintenance worry free package.

*Note - some of the pictures give the impression that the handle is blue, this is incorrect, it is purple in person. I tried my best to capture the color accurately but after 3 sets of pictures I've had to settle for these as the best I can provide. Just know that you are buying a purple colored handle - not blue.

*Please see close up pictures for details.

Price - $485

If interested in purchasing you can either checkout HERE or send me a PM with your email address and location and I'll follow by sending you a Paypal invoice.[​IMG]

P1010002.JPG P1010008.JPG P1010013.JPG P1010014.JPG P1010022.JPG P1010024.JPG P1010028.JPG P1010030.JPG

2. Dave Martell

I'm dropping the price on this for a few days, see if that will move it....

https://martellknives.com/collection...acrylic-cpm154

This is a real nice knife folks. The grind is great, it's in a handy 225mm size, and it's powdered stainless combined with a poly handle for a near maintenance free package. This is a steal at this price.

3. Dave Martell

4. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Nice, I really wanted that one, but the timing was off. Congrats to the buyer.