1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

For Sale - 180mm Martell Nakiri

Discussion in 'JapaneseKnifeSharpening / Dave Martell Knives' started by Dave Martell, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Dave Martell

Dave Martell Professional Craftsman Founding Member

Stats

Length - 180mm

Steel - O1

Hardness - Rc60-61

Handle Style - Western

Handle Materials - Buffalo horn with G10 spacers

I wanted to do something different, something - unique, on this one so I went with all buffalo horn for the handle. This knife is for the gent who enjoys more class than flash, for someone who appreciates simple (good) looks along with function.[​IMG]

The buffalo has streaking throughout showing some bold lines on the top and bottom with more subtle wispy streaking down the sides.

This knife drove me nuts with trying to capture it in pictures - dust, reflections, bad lighting, argh! I hope that these pics suffice.

Price - $525 (shipping included to USA - international to pay actual costs)

If you're interested in purchasing this knife please contact via PM or email along with your Paypal email address (for the invoice). If international, please specify country.

Thanks for looking!

Dave

P1010038.JPG P1010041.JPG P1010049.JPG P1010053.JPG P1010056.JPG P1010065.JPG

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  2. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Good Gracious, Dave. That handle looks like glass. You are doing some amazing work.

3. Dave Martell

Thanks Sharon. I have to say that it wasn't the easiest handle to make pretty but the extra work came out nice so I'm happy.

4. Somehow your makers mark reminds me of Maserati and this particular knife in fact does looks like some expensive sports car. Nice work, Dave! Really nice work.

5. Dave Martell

Yeah it does look like the Maserati logo - cool!

Thanks Anton :)

6. Dave Martell

7. Dave Martell

8. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Love that handle. Smooth as glass but I bet has great "grip" in the kitchen.

9. Dave Martell