1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixed one!

Discussion in 'Handiwork Display' started by John Fout, Jun 22, 2014.

1. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

A co-worker of mine let someone sharpen his knife many moons ago... uploadfromtaptalk1403436321876.jpg

I offered to clean it up for him since he wasn't my trainer but I learned more from him than my trainer...

Anyways, here is the after.
    uploadfromtaptalk1403436381495.jpg

Much better yes?

2. chefcomesback

chefcomesback Founding Member

Holy shoot !!! What was that knife sharpened with first? Bench grinder extra course ? Or rubbing it over side of the road ??? Well, good recovery , I am sure he is thankful

3. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Great job John, I would have thought that knife was destined to become a parer.

4. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

after your mechanic does your oil change... don't take him up on his offer to sharpen your knife on his bench grinder for free kids... wow nice save

5. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

It was the butcher at a local supermarket.

But yes, say no to mechanical grinding wheels folks!

6. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

I use to have one of those (a hundred years ago). Henkels economy, Portugese (crap) steel. I believe that Knifynerd has it now.

7. Jay

Jay No soup for you Founding Member

Great save! Now it has a couple of decades of useable life ahead of it.