1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Fisher space pens?

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by Sudsy9977, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Anybody have one?....I read a lot of good things about them....I looked on Amazon and prices are all overt he map....seems like a wide range of models prices etc.....can I just get a fisher refill and use it in another pen?.....I know some of u are into pens here so I figured I'd ask.....ryan

2. MattS

MattS Founding Member

I have had a few of the full sized pens. They are not pens that I would use for everyday writing. The lines are not particularly crisp and the flow is not great. That being said, I used them often in the restaurant business. The will write on pretty much any surface, including oily chits, dirty recipe cards, Day Dots etc..... I don't think their refills will fit in any standard pen, but you can get a basic full sized Space pen for 10.00 or so.

3. zwiefel

zwiefel Rest in peace brother

Ditto what MattS said. a bit pricey on the refills for the type of lines you'll get, but they do work in a lot of places a regular pen won't. I got the smaller, pocket size...they will fit in a wallet.

4. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

I was never impressed with the few I've had. I didn't like the way they wrote as Matt describes. I used the refills in other pens before too. In conditions more suited to writing lots of other pens are more rewarding. And I found that a low tech solution to writing in wet conditions was a pencil. Admittedly a low tech and less elegant solution.

5. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

the refills are commonly used in other pens, lots of people do love the pens they make as well but there is a heck of a lot of models some better then others

6. Dave Martell

Dave Martell Professional Craftsman Founding Member

I've had a couple and will agree with what the others above wrote.

Nice to see you here Sudsy :)

7. Good to know, maybe I'll pass on trying one...I really can't start buying pens too...I already carry enough junk around....Ryan

8. I find that they don't write all that smoothly and the ink runs out real quick but have a (discontinued) Futura that I really like. I do use some of their refills in other pens for the convenience of being able to write upside down and in bad weather.