1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

EDC Acquisitions

Discussion in 'EDC - What is in your pocket?' started by James, Apr 17, 2014.

1. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

Lets see and hear about all the great new EDC gear you have pick up. New flashlight, knife, perhaps a new lighter we all carry different things around and here is where you get to show it off.

2. James

not the light i was exactly looking for but... on sale for 6 bucks at walmart with batteries i can toss one in car, keep one at work and a few other places around work so what the hey
    IMG_20140425_214713.jpg

and this... well i probably shouldnt have

IMG_20140425_220810.jpg
    far left has me a new para-military 2

3. Christopher

Christopher Founding Member

Nice Para James. How do you like it compared to the others?

4. butch

butch Founding Member

carried a para for a goood while great knife. and leagle carry round here

5. James

its a bit to soon to say, but oddly enough it's not much more edge then the mini griptilian with a lot more handle, but its a lot nicer feel in hand, and takes up less pocket room them the spyderco at less weight then the kershaw.

6. Christopher

I'm waiting for Spyderco to make a Military 2. I'd love to have a military with the handle style and lock of the para 2. The Para 2 is an awesome knife though. :)

7. Andrew

Andrew Have Pen Will Travel Founding Member

Nice pickup. So you're a fan of the Golden, CO Spydies, James?

8. James

not really Andy... but i do need a sage, domino, the regular manix2 and a few othera lol... but i think i shall hold off

they make cool things

9. Andrew

Andrew Have Pen Will Travel Founding Member

This is the main problem I have with Spyderco.

10. butch

butch Founding Member

OMG i woudl carry the heck out of a carved Ti/G10 comp lock millie 2 with CTS-PD1 blade
    might be nice to take out to the grinder and hollow the grind on the 48 inch platten like the back of a sushi knife (leaving the tip flat ground)

11. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

My dream EDC is a folder by some dude named Harner. Wait...too obvious; Some guy named Butch. There, much better.

12. Christopher

I'm honestly kinda surprised they haven't come out with it yet. It's been rumored for a while now but never seems to come to fruition. Heck, I'd take just a plain jane g-10 S30v millie 2 at this point. I'd carry that thing tip up, slap a titanium lo rider clip on it and be real happy.

13. butch

butch Founding Member

lefty i still have a hawk bill im not happy with but one day it might see the light of day

14. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

I remember a certain hawkbill we discussed before. Same one? I still have the pic on my phone. Yes, I'm weird.

15. butch

butch Founding Member

the same

16. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

Just picked up the Manix 2 like James' to keep my Native company.

[​IMG]

17. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Alright, Spyderco knives seem to be extremely well received despite the high price tag for a utility knife....what is it about them that makes them so great over say....a swiss army or leatherman?

18. butch

butch Founding Member

whiel you say about the high price tag they aer hard to beat when if comes to performance per dollar. no that are not as sexy as the really high priced stuff but they far out cut most any of the lesser costing folders. i buy to use and had an endura last a good many years to be upgraded by a millie in ATS34 (thats how old that guy was ) that made it 4 USMC years. got a 2 and 3rd millie after out but carriec a para millie till i started making my own. even tho i make my own knives not the cricket SE in SS scales has been EDC for about 13 years.

19. Christopher

Butch, do you have any pics of the millie you used while in the USMC? I love seeing knifes with real military wear on them.

20. butch

butch Founding Member

i ll look and see the stop pin is way gave up and they have since changed how its mounted in the scales (and mine was a one steel insert model ) now thye have duel inserts