1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. butch

butch Founding Member

had a blast yesterday at the ECG sadly i think i snapped only one pic. maybe some of the other great guys can post a few
    thank you Bill for hosting and thanks every one that was there. a first for then ECG was mega cut fest with piles of produce and lots of people allowing testing of there knives.

11188447_10203798335949484_7439430756077877733_n.jpg

2. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

Saw some pics on one of the other fora...maybe some will get reposted here.

Looks like an interesting time. Any surprises or scandalous gossip?

3. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Sorry I missed this one! I hope there was Nitro Ice cream again Butch?

4. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

No good scandalous gossip that I heard. But quite a few people got to slay some onions and potatoes with the Cris Anderson pass-around knife.

Butch probably didn't even need to come, as everyone who displayed knives seemed to have a couple of his in their arsenals :like

5. butch

butch Founding Member

sorry Jim no ice cream as i have not got a batch of LN lately maybe this fall. it was really an honor to see so many of my knives there. wish i woudl have had a few SS ones so that more could be used for cutting stuff

6. I really would've loved to go. Unfortunately...I'm on the west coast lol...so it is what it is. I'll have to go look at the pictures on the other site. Maybe I'll catch a peak of the two of my knives that I'm sure were there ;).

7. WildBoar

you should see both of them in the pics.

BTW, Jon Broida has attended, and the real 'longest distance' winner is Stefan, who came in from Hawaii a few years back. So that west coast thing doesn't hold water :)

8. It's not just the distance for me my friend, it's taking the time off, finding accommodations for my little ones...etc. Being on the west coast was just the most simple way to say it lol.

Plus I didn't know about it at all until you mentioned it to me when we were talking about the passaround going to you first lol...so it was sort of short notice :D.

I do wish I could've gone though...it looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

9. WildBoar

Reminds me, Del attended 4-5 years ago, and put on a forging demo. These events are fairly small, but they always are a great experience. I'm already looking forward to 2016.

10. holy knives, probably some really kick ass knives there, wish i could have made it, sadly I can NEVER take off :mad:

11. Jim

12. WildBoar

Bill smoked ribs and pork shoulders, and aged a ribeye roast for 30 days and cooked cous vide/ seared. Dennis made a variety of pickles and a turrine. There was some really good guac, some cold cuts and what I believe was a triple-cream cheese. Also an asian-flavored shrimp salad served on endive, and a few other tasty things. Oh, and a few pounds of raw onions and potatoes.

13. Jim

Glad to hear that the BBQ was represented! Sounds great.
    Anyone get a shot of that rib roast?

14. WildBoar

I think mucho bucho might havesome pics.

15. Awesome time! Glad to be a part of it. Great food and everyone was really friendly.

16. Indeed. Cris your knife was a pleasure to sharpen and cut with. Overall amazing time. Will make the drive from Raleigh, NC next year if bill hosts again

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  17. Man there was a ton of really gorgeous knives there!!

But seriously...that steak!

18. Yeah, the knife envy was just about killing me, but that steak put me over the edge ;)

Looks like an amazing day had by all. Maybe someone needs to think about doing one Down Under ...... ?:er

19. Also...thank you sir! I didn't see the text you wrote until today lol...my brain must've skipped over it looking at all those gorgeous knives!

And that steak...!

:D

20. I miss the gatherings we had on the west coast. Looks like a blast was had by all :)