1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Chinese Cleaver HHH Knives

Discussion in 'HHH Custom Knives' started by HHH Knives, Jun 9, 2017.

1. HHH Knives

HHH Knives Founding Member

Custom Chinese Cleaver HHH Knives

Hey guys and gals. I wanted to share a few photos of one I finished up. This is loosely based off of the Sugimoto Cleaver #30. And is officially the 2nd one I have made. The first one did not cooperate and ended up in the "wall of shame" But the second time was a charm and the blade really turned out even better then I had hoed it would.

The size and specs are as close as I could possibly make them to the Sugimoto Cleaver #30, with some subtle changes.

Im not gona list the "specs" here. but will just say its HUGE! lol And I can describe the grind and the materials used to make this bad boy!!

First off its a san mai blade with Blue#2 core steel and carbon steel 1080 and 15n20 cladding.
    The blade is ground approx 70/30 and is asymmetric and convex in all the right places!!! Rounded spine and choil HRC 63
    Handle is exceptionally figured Buckeye burl Stabilized of course. With stainless pins.
    I added a spacer with a touch of mammoth ivory..

The saya is a beautiful book matched piece of curly Koa with a retention pin made with a matching piece from the handle.

Overall. I am super pleased with the cutter and happy to share these images with you all.
    Thanks for checking out our work. Please feel free to leave me a comments or send me a message if you have any questions or requests.

Blessings
    Randy

IMG_2302 (1024x683).jpg IMG_2306 (1024x683).jpg IMG_2309 (1024x683).jpg IMG_2311 (1024x683).jpg IMG_2312 (1024x683).jpg IMG_2317 (1024x683).jpg IMG_2319 (1024x683).jpg